Selling a property
Planning on selling your home? There's a lot to think about, but ESPC can help make it easier.
If you are planning on selling your property there are a lot of things to consider. That’s where ESPC’s property experts can really help. Follow this basic guide to help get you started.
How to sell your home
- Speak to an IFA (Independent Financial Adviser) to ensure that you are ready to sell and move up the ladder financially. They can tell you everything that you need to know to get a new mortgage or move your existing mortgage to a new property.
- Choose an ESPC solicitor estate agent to handle all aspects of your sale – marketing, organising the Home Report, sales negotiations and the legal requirements. They have unique access to ESPC which can offer unrivalled exposure to the widest audience and our highly desirable marketing package. They will also work with you on setting the price right.
- Presentation is everything when it comes to selling your home, but that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune. A simple freshen up inside and out may be all that is needed to make sure that you property is well presented and tidy for both photographs and for viewings.
- Meeting and greeting complete strangers is not always easy, but your ESPC property expert will help with useful viewing hints and tips (link: download/blog article) on how to make every viewing count.
- Your solicitor will negotiate the selling price and date of entry on your behalf before drawing up the missives and transferring ownership of the property. They’ll keep you up to date with everything that you need to do at each of these stages.
Make sure to check out our Moving Guide, packed full of useful tips for moving home.
The ESPC Selling Guide is the ultimate guide on how to sell your home and packed full of more detailed useful advice. Or why not follow our top selling tips?
If you want to have a chat about where to start with the selling process then why not pop into our showrooms in either Edinburgh (George Street) or Dunfermline (New Row) where you can benefit from the range of service that we have. From Expert advice from our guest solicitors to mortgage guidance from our ESPC Mortgages team and top tips from our showroom staff, you won't be short on a place to start your property selling journey with ESPC.
- Excellent second floor flat in a traditional... Flat in EDINBURGH, Offers Over £160,000
- 19 Dick Place is a gem of a property. The front... House in EDINBURGH, Offers Over £1,200,000
- Approached through impressive large stone... House in Bo'ness, Offers Over £695,000
- This generously-proportioned and... Flat in EDINBURGH, Offers Around £112,000
- Well-presented two-bedroom, dual-aspect,... Flat in EDINBURGH, Offers Over £145,000
- A stylish and well maintained main door upper... Flat in EDINBURGH, Offers Around £129,950
- An elegant and well-proportioned three bedroom... Flat in EDINBURGH, Offers Over £495,000
- Entering a well maintained communal stair with... Flat in Edinburgh, Offers Over £125,000
- This stunning family villa is very rarely... House in Callander, Offers Over £420,000
- Deceptively spacious, this 1940’s upper villa... Flat in Edinburgh, Price Guide £245,000