Property for sale in West Lothian
ESPC West Lothian offers an excellent choice of flats and houses for sale in the area.
- East Calder
- East Whitburn
- Harburn Village
- Linlithgow Bridge
- Livingston Village
- Mid Calder
- Uphall Station
- West Calder
About the area
Situated centrally between Edinburgh and Glasgow, West Lothian is well placed for ease of access to Scotland’s major cities and the many nearby attractions. From stately homes to ancient ruins, with a great range of modern entertainment in-between, this county offers its residents and visitors a rich and varied menu of activities. Livingstone, Bathgate and Broxburn are just a few of the popular communities that make up this wonderful part of the world.
Buying a home could be a sound investment in West Lothian as it continues to host major sporting, film and fashion events, present great theatre productions, organise quality farmers’ markets and maintain great eateries.
Growth and development
This historically rich district has its roots firmly in the future while cherishing its past. Royalty was firmly entrenched in Linlithgow when the Palace presented Mary Queen of Scots as a new-born baby in 1542. The slow-moving days of early agriculture gave way to the boom of Scottish shale oil industry; a local resident by the name of James Paraffin Young made major contributions to this.
At the recent annual Economic Conference, West Lothian was able to declare numerous projects that have aided the financial recovery in the area. Since the inception of the growth plan in 2013, Scottish Enterprise reported that it has worked closely with key growth business and supported hundreds of jobs during its first year.
The West Lothian Council has committed funds to support business growth and companies have been awarded training finance in order to support further local jobs. The Council promises to work towards “improving the quality of life for local people in terms of health, education, employment and housing.”
The future of this county looks positive with the school leaver destination survey showing that 92% of this category were in further or higher education, training or employment.
Lifestyle and entertainment
Family fun is guaranteed in West Lothian with local venues such as the Almond Valley Heritage Centre, Five Sisters Zoo and the exciting Livingston Skate Park. Fitness enthusiasts take advantage of the great walking routes that abound in the Bathgate and Pentland Hills.
The culture calendar is always full with art exhibitions, poetry evenings, art and craft fairs as well as monthly Tea Dances. The West Lothian Highland Games should not be missed; this is a great stage for both local, national and international talents to show off their vast range of skills.Excellent facilities such as the West Lothian College, the award-winning provider of further education, and the modern teaching hospital of St John’s in Livingstone, attract home buyers to the area.
Find your home in West Lothian
With easy commuting routes, living in this county is further enhanced by uncluttered living areas in lovely surrounds. ESPC can advise on all the various properties available in West Lothian.
- We are pleased to bring to market this well... House in HADDINGTON, Offers Over £120,000
- This is a well-presented and very substantial,... House in EDINBURGH, Offers Around £765,000
- NEW FROM DEANS SOLICITORS - This... Flat in Willowbrae, Offers Over £175,000
- 51 Vorlich Way is an immaculately presented... House in DUNFERMLINE, Offers Over £189,995
- Attractive period main door first floor flat... Flat in PRESTONPANS, In The Region Of £130,000
- Located in the popular Baberton area of the... House in EDINBURGH, Offers Over £175,000
- 5/3 Brighton Place is a wonderfully bright and... Flat in EDINBURGH, Offers Around £230,000
- Viewing is advised for this rarely available to... House in JUNIPER GREEN, Offers Over £275,000
- An excellent semi-detached villa is available... House in Penicuik, Offers Around £155,000
- Bright and immaculately-presented,... House in EDINBURGH, Fixed Price £205,000