01 February 2012
ESPC is delighted to be sponsoring and supporting paralympic athlete Libby Clegg during until 2016. Here at Team Libby you can find out more about Libby, read her regular blog articles that are exclusive to ESPC.
We are on the road to Rio
ESPC has signed up to be a member of Team Libby for 4-more years. And you can join the team. As Libby trains in Edinburgh and Loughborough, it would be great if we could have hundreds of members of Team Libby.
The aim of Team Libby is simple. To cheer on and support Libby as she targets success at the Commonwealth Games, World Championships and the 2016 Paralympics in Rio.
Joining Team Libby is simple. Just visit www.facebook.com/espcteamlibby and like the page.
Libby's ESPC Blog
August Blog: as Libby is such a busy lady at the moment, the August blog is a telephone chat. Nothing can get in the way of training and preparing for the Paralympics. Plus, win a trip to see Libby race. More.
Libby and ESPC
ESPC Chief Executive, Malcolm Cannon, said: "The success she's had so far is outstanding, so our aim is to help generate as much support for her as we can and raise her profile so that when she takes to the starting line she has everyone in Edinburgh, Lothians and Fife cheering her on, as well as ESPC."
We also ran a competition for schools in Edinburgh, Lothians and Fife to win a visit to their school from Libby in October 2012. For more details please visit our Libby Schools Competition page.
You can read the full press release about ESPC and Libby in our news section.
- Silver medalist at Beijing and London Paralympics in T12 100m
- Current T12 100m world champion and 200m bronze medalist
- European Record holder for T12 100m (world record holder for 3 minutes during London 2012)
- Libby trains at the High Performance Athlete Centre in Loughborough
- A podium level athlete in the World Class Performance Programme
- Since the age of nine, Libby has suffered from a deteriorating eye condition known as Stargardt's Macular Dystrophy disease. Libby has only slight peripheral vision in her left eye, and is registered blind. She has two younger brothers that have the same condition.
- Libby attended the Royal Blind School in Edinburgh. This was where she was first introduced to ESPC during a 2-week work placement with the company before the Beijing Paralympics
Libby in the Press
- Daily Record - 7 August
- SportSister - July Edition
- The Scotsman - 23 May
- The Sun - 21 May
- The Herald - 19 May
- The Herald - 31 January (extract only)
- The Edinburgh Evening News - 31 January
- Edinburgh Rugby
- Online with Scottish Athletics
The launch of Team Libby
Libby at Trinity Primary School
Libby with another of our sponsorship partners, Edinburgh Rugby
- Rarely available property type, ex showhome,... House in DUNFERMLINE, In The Region Of £395,000
- Part Exchange available. The property is set... Flat in Dunfermline, Offers Over £104,000
- We are delighted to bring to market this this... Flat in Edinburgh, Offers Over £280,000
- 20 Park Gardens is an immaculately presented,... House in MUSSELBURGH, Offers Around £160,000
- Excellent opportunity to acquire this... House in Ballingry, Offers Over £63,000
- This contemporary and stylish triple-aspect,... Flat in EDINBURGH, Offers Around £235,000
- Located in popular Eskbank, this... House in DALKEITH, Offers Around £270,000
- This bright and modern, one-bedroom,... Flat in EDINBURGH, Offers Around £120,000
- The apartment is entered via a welcoming hall... Flat in Edinburgh, Offers Over £119,995
- The property on offer is a well maintained and... House in Musselburgh, Offers Over £130,000